13 January 2008

Ursula Carrie's Kitchen

My jams, jellies and preserves are becoming legendary in my small circle of friends and family. It has always been a deep pleasure to feed folks good, rib sticking, home cooked food. Creating these "products" is a passion that materialized from within my very cells. An ancestral calling, if you will. I spend all spring, summer and fall, sometimes even into the early winter, hand harvesting wild flowers and berries, as well as purchasing locally grown produce, organic and/or direct from the farmer when available, and then chopping, sugaring, cooking, stirring and canning. Every week during the growing season has its project, and it changes with the season. I make everything in small batches, ensuring attention to the details, from the harvest to the application of a simple jar label.
You are sure to feel the love and magic in every mouthful.

No comments: