25 March 2008

Thank You, Mr. Silverstein


Just How brillant can one man be?

Thank you, Mr. Silverstein.
I offer a few selections of his many gems, here, from:

Falling Up
poems and drawings
by Shel Silverstein

- copyright 1996, by Shel Silverstein.
***********************************
THE VOICE

There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
"I feel that this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong."
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What's right for you-just listen to
The voice that speaks inside.


***********************************

WOULDA-COULDA-SHOULDA

All the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
Layin' in the sun,
Talkin' 'bout the things
They woulda-coulda-shoulda done . . .
But those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
All ran away and hid
From one little did.

***********************************

THREE STINGS

George got stung by a bee and said,
"I wouldn't have got stung if I'd stayed in bed."
Fred got stung and we heard him roar,
"What am I being punished for?"
Lew got stung and we heard him say,
"I learned somethin' about bees today."

( note: this poem has an illustration to go with it that must be seen )

************************************



No comments: